Open inspection holes for DAR inspection?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Ewalk02
Seasoned Member

Open inspection holes for DAR inspection?

Post by Ewalk02 »

Did you guys have to have your inspection holes opened up for the DAR or did you only open up the ones that he requested to see? I put more inspection holes around than the manual required but they are mainly there for easy access to things if I were to encounter a problem or had to adjust something. If nothing is wrong then I would rather leave many of these holes intact and not have to worry about them. Not sure what the requirement is though.
Brian E.
Kansas City, MO
Highlander #223
danerazz
Veteran Member

Re: Open inspection holes for DAR inspection?

Post by danerazz »

I would ask the DAR what he/she wants beforehand, however....

I don't know where you put your inspection rings, but I cannot imagine a flashlight and a mirror through just A COUPLE of holes in each wing would not satisfy him/her. If they can see the important stuff, there should be no reason to require "extra" holes to be opened. They don't have to reach anything, just see it.

Your mileage may vary...
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

He wanted cowl off, so we just took off the top because the bottom didn't prevent viewing anything. No holes opened or asked to be. Mostly additional securing of engine lines and wires that I was going to do anyway.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

He came back again to confirm that we did what was asked. Definitely cared about airworthiness, not just paperwork.

Return to “Just Aircraft”