Cool Tool

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
jjacky
Veteran Member

Cool Tool

Post by jjacky »

Hey y'all, you probably have one these already but for those of you who do not I can't say enough good things about an oscillating multi tool. I avoided one of these thinking I could replace it with other tools and some elbow grease but finally I broke down and got one for another project. Now I use it at least once an hour for the Highlander project...It precision sands, removes gobs of epoxy without affecting the"gobee", precision cuts wood and fiberglass. It is an OMG wonderful tool.
Plan not to be the first at the scene of the accident!
danerazz
Veteran Member

Re: Cool Tool

Post by danerazz »

I will say that it was one of those tools that looked a little too good to be true, so I bought a hella-cheap HF version. I probably should have ponied-up for a better one, but the cheapie one that I have takes pretty much any blades (the blades are definitely the important part) and I have found tons of uses where I doubt I could have found a better tool that would do it better or easier.

One word: Fine line flush cuts

If anyone is wondering, the "grout removal" blades, while a little pricy, cut grout out of tile lines like butter. It is almost magical.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

I really like mine for fitting and trimming the cowls.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

I've had one of the Dremel multi tools for several years and used it on lots of projects. It never occurred to me that it would cut the cowling material.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon

Return to “Just Aircraft”