Manual trim control installation

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Tralika
Veteran Member

Manual trim control installation

Post by Tralika »

You can tell from this question I'm just getting started and I hope I'm not getting too bogged down in the details. The build manual is a little lite on details about the trim control installation. I'm wondering how much distance there is from the trim handle pivot point to the spot where the trim cable attaches to the bottom of the lever? In the photo it looks like it's about one inch or so. Does anyone have an opinion about the correct distance? If it's hard to move the trim when I start flying I suppose I could just drill another pivot hole and move the handle a bit.

As for the location of the hole in the trim control mounting plate, in the photo it looks like it's about two inches from the front of the plate and just below the seat support square tubing. Does this location put the lever in a convenient location when your flying?
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
jak
Veteran Member

Re: Manual trim control installation

Post by jak »

Hi I've never put a dimension on that because it can be almost anywhere it fits the best in your plane. By that I mean some people want as much handle sticking up as possible and some people want as much throw as possible all sinarios work as well as any other. Put the hole for the cable close to the bottom of the handle and put the pivot point where you want it to be for as much stick as you want sticking up. I usually have this a little less than halfway up when I do it so there is a little more than half of the handle showing above seat rail. Jak
Pick up a rifle and you instantly change from a subject to a citizen.
Tralika
Veteran Member

Re: Manual trim control installation

Post by Tralika »

Thanks Jak
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon

Return to “Just Aircraft”