N400 JL Takes to the skies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
levyland
Veteran Member

N400 JL Takes to the skies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by levyland »

http://youtu.be/0VJTTb5XepQHowdy Everyone,

N400JL took to the skies on Tuesday afternoon from the Just Aircraft International Super Stol Port. My many thanks to the great team at Just for building and designing such an awesome airplane. First off to Adam for his incredible attention to detail and putting up with my pedantic shit. Jak for all of his support and building expertise, and putting up with more pedantic shit than Adam. Troy for designing a phenomenal airplane. Steve Dentz spiritual counselling especially with prodding me to actual paint the airplane we did. And Jessie for putting the idea to reality. Gary for listening to my windging for nearly fifteen months. John and Karl Von Kael for all of their ideas, and most generous help while I am here in South Carolina. Jim Cunningham and his buddy Bennet for the awesome graphics. And lets not forget Chris for his welding expertise. There is an incredible crew of folks at Just and it has been a please working with everyone. Here are a few picks and a video of flying the plane yesterday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Re: N400 JL Takes to the skies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by danerazz »

That is a pretty nice paint scheme, it really fits the SS.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
bluemax
Veteran Member

Post by bluemax »

Congratulations. . . for sure ! I absolutely love the angle of the video. . . you can see every move you make, including your feet, and see the relationship to the landing gear. I've watched it over and over. Very cool. And being of German heritage, I really like the Balkenkreuz. Great job!
Max Rentz
Newark, Ohio
mhcrowder
Veteran Member

Post by mhcrowder »

Great Video. I saw the plane last week during a factory tour.....looked awesome in person! Glad it has taken to the skies. I'd have to agree, the video quality and camera location was great!

==
Michael Crowder
Building Highlander #371
http://highlander371.blogspot.com/
HS-JAT
Veteran Member

Post by HS-JAT »

Congrats, Looking forward to see it with some NZ backdrops.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Nicely done plane and video, congratulations!
levyland
Veteran Member

Post by levyland »

Thanks you guys, all very much appreciated. I bought this airplane sight unseen, and have never seen a Highlander before coming to South Carolina this week. I have to say I am beyond impressed with the capabilities of this airplane. When you watch Gary Swindles Smackdown video at the factory Troy does some impressive flying. But actually seeing it in person is a completely different experience. He actually cross cuts across the last 30% of the runway and lands. No where to hide, no where to run. Beyond impressive.I shot a bunch more video today and hope to get that organised in the next few days. Keep at it boys, it's worth it............
Jamescham

Post by Jamescham »

John, watched every stage of construction....I am so happy that you got your bird! Over the years you will discover the little bonuses that Adam built into your project.....the quality of the workmanship is astounding! I know from down under but the same rules apply: no stupid pilot tricks and don't fly like Jim.
smiley
Forum Regular

Post by smiley »

Nothing like the sensation of the first flight. First 10 hours testing goes fast. Last 10 of the 40 is tough unless you really do what is needed. Instead of copying others find the flight envelope of your airplane and do true flight testing. Enjoy the ride
FlyDawg

Post by FlyDawg »

I had the pleasure of seeing your plane being finalized... It looked great. I m glad she s hit the skies. Hope to see some great photos in the future.
As a boy I jumped off the roof wanting to fly, only to learn I needed better landing gear!
BlueSideUp

Post by BlueSideUp »

John, your post reads like you just received your first grammy award :lol:
levyland
Veteran Member

Post by levyland »

Thanks everyone for their kind comments. I am back in NZ now hastily getting the shed ready. I am getting ready to pour a 350 SF concrete pad in front of the shed, and I have built a mezzanine above where the airplane will live. The airplane should be here about the 22nd and I found out I can fly it under my US registration, so I reckon thats what I am going to do for awhile. As soon as I can get some video shot I will post some flying down here. THanks again everyone..........

Return to “Just Aircraft”