N553GW For Sale

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Gary H
Veteran Member

N553GW For Sale

Post by Gary H »

Well guys, I hate to sell her but it's time to move on. My pride and joy is for sale.
Licensed ELSA, take the course and you can do your own annuals!
Jabiru 3300, 240 hours TT on engine and airframe. And, NO it does not have overheating problems!
Garmin 495 GPS I won Res. Grand Champion at Arlington WA. This is a beautiful plane.
The 29 inch airstreaks don't go. I'm keeping them. or,,, add $2,500.00
Asking $89,000
No tire kickers please.

Gary
509-989-0125
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Will fly for food!!
Gary H
Veteran Member

Re: N553GW For Sale

Post by Gary H »

I am going to miss my Highlander, Steve is right, it was an unexpected decision. Anyone putting a Jabiru on, I'll still do what I can to help you with your cooling.

GW
Will fly for food!!
14PS

Post by 14PS »

If it isn't too late to ask, how were you able to license that airplane as an ELSA? I thought the only way Highlanders and SuperSTOLs could be registered was E/AB. It was also my understanding (but I could be wrong) that the factory would have to spend about a million dollars and build an SLSA before there could be any airplanes registered ELSA, and the ELSAs had to be duplicates of the factory's SLSA.

Could you please comment on this? I have a SuperSTOL on order and would like to register it as an ELSA, that makes the 51% rule go away.

Jerry Sieren
chipper2128
Forum Regular

Post by chipper2128 »

I am not familiar with this particular Highlander, but the Highlander that I owned for three years was also registered as an E-LSA. In its case, it was issued an Airworthiness Cert and Operating Limitations in 2009 when the FAA was trying to "clean up" the mess of the Fat Ultralights that were basically unregistered. These ultralight owners had til Jan 2010 (I believe) to register their airplanes as E-LSA or they couldn't ever be registerd or flown. So, during this time period just about any homebuilt airplane that met LSA performance criteria could be registered as an E-LSA.

The situation as described in your email is correct as I understand the requirements for an E-LSA today. There are not very many because of the up front work required of the kit manufacturer.

I have been told by some Highlander builders that they are going to register their airplanes as an E-LSA, but I don't know how that would be possible today.
Gary H
Veteran Member

Post by Gary H »

You are right, can't do it now. The upside is you can do your own annuals. You just have to take the course and zaaasamm,, save yourself 1 or 2 K a year. That is a real PLUS !! :D
Will fly for food!!
Gary H
Veteran Member

N553GW for Sale

Post by Gary H »

Just a note: N553GW has been sold, thanks for looking. I plan to keep in touch with all my Highlander friends. I have meet some of the best people in the country here.
Gary
Will fly for food!!

Return to “Just Aircraft”