N419BD is for sale

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

N419BD is for sale

Post by stede52 »

As you can see both Gary and I are selling our Highlanders and believe me it's not because we don't love the airplane, we just have the opportunity to get into another aircraft project. We've both decided to bite the bullet and build Carbon Cubs with the Titan CC340 180hp. I'm still going to remain active on the forum and provide Highlander windshields to those who want them.

So, if you could pass the word that there are two beautiful Highlanders for sale we would appreciate it. Don't hesitate to contact us if there are questions about them:

N419BD $90K
Built in 2011
Two 10” Dynon Skyview panels
Xcom radio
Becker mode C transponder
406 ELT
UL350, 130hp, about 360hrs
29” Airstreaks – 8.50s available
Much more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve D N419LD
Augustus
Seasoned Member

Re: N419BD is for sale

Post by Augustus »

Wonderfully nice airplane, Steve. I hate to see the "ambassador" of the 350iS leaving us.
SuperSTOL 332
Ed T.
N202ET
levyland
Veteran Member

Post by levyland »

WOW now that's a surprise!
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

It was a bit sudden and even unexpected for :D
Steve D N419LD
Saini flyer
Forum Regular

Post by Saini flyer »

Steve,

I saw your plane last year and what a great job you did on it. The UL looked awesome on the firewall.
I can understand that going with another project is your personal opinion but would request you to elaborate what you did not like /want in the Highlander that the carboncub provides. I can see some very obvious reasons but would like to hear it from you.

Thanks,
Rahul
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

Saini flyer wrote:I can understand that going with another project is your personal opinion but would request you to elaborate what you did not like /want in the Highlander that the carboncub provides. I can see some very obvious reasons but would like to hear it from you.
Boy, that's a tough request. Steve is trying to sell the Highlander, and wants it to be seen in the best light possible, and yet you're asking for a list of things that aren't to his liking. Perhaps it would be better to ask what drew him to the new project, so he can present a list of attractions to the Carbon Cub, rather than a list of squawks about the plane he's selling.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Yes, it is a tough request mainly because I feel they're two different animals. I had build two highlanders and it seems like every 2-3 years I get this urge to build something new :roll: and ever since CubCrafter came out with the LSA Carbon Cub I always thought that would be a fun project. I really didn't have any complaints about the way my UL350 Highlander performed, in fact it could out climb every Highlander I've flown with (except Steve Henry's monster rotax :shock: ). There is actually a real negative for me in building a Carbon Cub, my legs are too long :shock: and I will be re-engineering the seat assembly to accommodate them and if I was not able to do that I wouldn't be building the Carbon cub. The leg room and side by side seating was one of the many positive aspects of the Highlander and I'm definitely going to miss them.
Steve D N419LD
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Although I have never had the pleasure of meeting Steve in person I have talked with him a couple of times on the phone as well as followed his outstanding support on this forum since I first started visiting. I'm guessing that the biggest draw to the Carbon Cub is the engine that they are building specifically for the Carbon Cub. Steve seems to enjoy spending a lot of time at higher elevations and I'm guessing that the value of that engine is a huge draw. However, I am probably just as big physically as Steve and I just can't see myself climbing in and out of any Cub every time I want to fly. The first leg goes in with a lot of effort but the second leg is another story and that last foot actually requires surgery to get through the door opening. I never understood why they make the cabin so narrow. I predict that Steve will find himself returning back to the Highlander. Steve, It is still my hope to go flying with you one day in Washington. Just my prediction! Should we start a pool? Respectfully, Joe B. :)
Saini flyer
Forum Regular

Post by Saini flyer »

You are right and I should have talked to him first before posting this here.

SheepdogRD wrote:
Saini flyer wrote:I can understand that going with another project is your personal opinion but would request you to elaborate what you did not like /want in the Highlander that the carboncub provides. I can see some very obvious reasons but would like to hear it from you.
Boy, that's a tough request. Steve is trying to sell the Highlander, and wants it to be seen in the best light possible, and yet you're asking for a list of things that aren't to his liking. Perhaps it would be better to ask what drew him to the new project, so he can present a list of attractions to the Carbon Cub, rather than a list of squawks about the plane he's selling.
levyland
Veteran Member

Post by levyland »

I like many will miss Steve's comradeship in this forum. He is a wealth of knowledge and I suspect will still be there for all of us. Over the years it has been my observation "there are builders, and there are flyers" and Steve is both. He just wants to stick "his teeth" into a new project. As we say in New Zealand. "Good on em."
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Rahul, absolutely no harm done, it's the first question I'd have on my mind :D

Joe, your comments were very insightful and yes I will be starting up yoga, there is a bit more finesse required to get into the cub :lol:

Like I said, I won't be leaving the group, I still have ties to a great group of builders with my windshields, which are awesome! (shameless plug :roll: ))
Steve D N419LD

Return to “Just Aircraft”