Skyview compass calibration

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Skyview compass calibration

Post by preacoupe »

For those with the Skyview EFIS, they ask you calibrate its compass. At some point you are to also include insertion of magnetic inclination and "Total Field" values obtained from the NOAA website. After obtaining these values you're supposed to enter them into "your EFIS product via SETUP>MORE>MORE>MAGINC and the same for MAGINT. Any help with the MORE>MORE> ??????? I think these are to be inserted before the compass calibration is to be done, but don't see 'em in the normal setup screens.

Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Re: Skyview compass calibration

Post by stede52 »

I can't remember putting in any NOAA values, I just put it on the compass rose at the airport and went thru the calibration process.
Steve D N419LD
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Hi, Steve,

On the Dynon website, if you go to the "support" column and then down to the 2nd to the last option you see the Compass Inclination page. It seems as though it is important, but had never heard anyone else talk about it. I'm assuming that the steps must be in the calibration instructions themselves.

Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis, those instructions were not there when I put in my system, I think its time to recalibrate my Skyviews
Steve D N419LD
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Me thinks so too. The "more>more>" business must be in the Hardware Calibration>ADAHRS path. There's a whole lot of verbage there, though I wasn't ready to read all of it at the time. Let me know what you find.

Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

probably won't get to it until after the holidays, but I'll let you know.
Steve D N419LD
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Steve,

Calibrated my compass yesterday and noticed that with a valid GPS signal that those 2 values were already displayed (in green). Went to the forum on Dynon's site and found that all that business is for the D10s and older units. Skyviews do it automatically. So I think, as Gilda Radner would say, "Never mind".

Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”