door instructions and pictures on Superstol

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Strasnuts
Forum Regular

Re: door instructions and pictures on Superstol

Post by Strasnuts »

I was told the instructions were coming soon when I bought my kit. I guess soon is a relative term. There is no reason new instructions or new drawings can't find their way to purchased kits without us constantly calling the factory. They have to be sick and tired of answering the same questions when we all know if they had the instructions or actually mailed the new drawings to the builders it would make their lives easier. I think they have no records of what is going on and they are still selling kits without working on instructions, for example, I have been waiting for a FFW because they had a header tank on backorder for me. When I called to see where it was they said they were waiting for my header tank. I was happy to inform them they already sent me two and I don't need a third :lol:
kenryan
Veteran Member

Post by kenryan »

I learned that there were no instructions after my kit arrived. When I contacted the factory I was also told a manual would be done soon. I'm going to visit the factory and hopefully learn enough and take enough pictures to get me going. But not everybody has the luxury of taking off and visiting the factory ...
Super Stol Kit #299
Familyflyer
Veteran Member

Post by Familyflyer »

I got a little letter at the front of the highlander manual saying they are working on the new manual. This one will get you started. That was six months ago.

It just worries me if there is new information out there that is not getting circulated. We are building aircraft, little details can be VERY important. I posted all the things to know at the beginning of the build, changes, got yas and so on. I even made an even more complete list that I sent to the factory(requested by Troy) that would get shipped with the new kits. Just doing my best to help the new builders. Not sure if it got circulated.

I will continue to update this forum with as much detail as possible until my project is complete. The SuperSTOL builders really need it. I am just use to Vans I guess. If there is one little change, it gets shipped to the builder. Whether it be a drawing, parts or a combination. I just thought that was normal practice for everyone. It is in most other industries.

I know the factory really means well. They are really great people. I know they don't want builders to feel the way they do and phone calls always make things better. Kit shipping before manual, just not sure how it is even allowed. Its been close a year since the first kits have shipped. Soon they will have more calls than the phone lines can handle with all the kits out there.

This is a really great airplane for fun flying. When people know there is a manual, sales will be even more substantial. But then again maybe that is why no manual! When you got something good, people will buy no matter. They are in a really good position.

I am very thankful for this forum.
Troy Branch

SuperStol 914
Branchair on Youtube
http://www.amateurbuiltfamilyfun.com/
Augustus
Seasoned Member

Post by Augustus »

I'm headed to the factory next week to begin my build. Will attempt to help folks as much as possible. The problem is that I'm starting from way down on the building learning curve. On the other hand I will have nothing to do there but build or think about building so perhaps I will be of use to someone on this wonderful forum in short order. :shock:
SuperSTOL 332
Ed T.
N202ET
accent air
Seasoned Member

Post by accent air »

If you thought a manual came with your plane. I can see how that could be frustrating. I've been posting changes that I've discovered since last December when I received my kit and will continue to do so. And anyone that has any questions or needs assistance, please feel free to let me know. Sometimes you need to look further back in the forum ( a year or so) to find things that have been previously posted.
Kris Griewahn
Accent Heating & Air
super stol #280
Strasnuts
Forum Regular

Post by Strasnuts »

I can't wait until the plane is finished and that's probably most of my frustration. I love building it but half the time is head scratching. Just aircraft has been very helpful on the phone but I would like to have something to look at and read instead of waiting on the phone for an answer, especially on a weekend or after hours when I do most of my building. This forum has been very helpful and FamilyFlyer being ahead of me on the build has been priceless.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

I kind of enjoy figuring out my own way to do things. I thought that was a big part of the point of building. It is one of the reasons I picked a simple airplane like this for my first project and didn't just buy a (fill in the blank with about any aircraft model). It is also one of the reasons I am putting a radial on the nose. Because I want to see if I can.

The regular HL build manual is not particularly detailed either, and if this was a Lanceair I would not be happy, but I am otherwise satisfied with MOST of the documentation supplied.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
R Rinker
Veteran Member

Post by R Rinker »

It is totally amazing how you guys give so much of your time and work to pass on to others what you are learning on your build to make it easier for everyone. By coincidence, I recently had an 'in-depth' discussion with our instructor at a violin making workshop down near L.A. My point was that we are programmed somehow to want to pass on to others the things we struggle through and finally master or learn. So much so that we go to great lengths of sacrifice to try to do this. The instructor vehemently argued the opposite, because in his world which seemed to be made up of elite snobs in the accomplished music world, he constantly observed the opposite selfish attitude where they don't want anyone to achieve what they have done. Anyway, we have a great bunch here, don't we!
Rodger Rinker - Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada

Return to “Just Aircraft”