Experimental Signage

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
gkremers
Veteran Member

Experimental Signage

Post by gkremers »

As I get closer to finishing the build small things start coming to mind. Can those of you in the US that are EAB can you tell me where you are displaying the EXPERIMENTAL signage? I know the letters are supposed to be no less than 2" tall and displayed near the entrance. I've seen one or two Highlanders that have it on the lower outside portion of the door but I was hoping for something inside. Can you guys and gals post some pics of what you have done to satisfy the requirement. I already have the passenger warning on the instrument panel. The only way to avoid having the EXPERIMENTAL sign near the door is using NX before your tail number.

Thanks in advance,
Gary

Getting closer……...
stede52
Premium Member

Re: Experimental Signage

Post by stede52 »

Here is where most are putting them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve D N419LD
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

The aircraft has to have an external configuration (be a replica) of an aircraft built at least 30 years ago. The highlander does not qualify, and according to the FAA website they are not issuing "new" NX numbers.

The head rack location in the above picture is the most common place I have seen it.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

I have small signage under the door and the 2" letters on the rear baggage bulkhead.

I don't install flooring or the rear bulkhead until after the 40 hour fly-off, so I used temporary signage for the DAR inspection, it was no problem:
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
barry767
Seasoned Member

Post by barry767 »

Gary,

Off topic, but if you're thinking about signage, then you should be thinking about registering your aircraft with the FAA. I finished the build a few days ago but should have started the paperwork months ago, although I did reserve my N number a couple years ago. Now I have to wait at least six weeks until I receive my registration and have it inspected for the AW certificate. You'll need to send them 4 things:

Form 8050-1 Aircraft Registration Application (remember to sign under your printed name at the bottom)
Form 8050-88 Notarized Affidavit of Ownership (not Form 8050-88A which concerns E-LSA and S-LSA)
Kit Bill of Sale from Just Aircraft
5 bucks

Barry

BTW, I plan on putting my permanent 2 inch experimental sign where GDS's temporary one is located. A little less obvious perhaps but legal (I hope).
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

Thanks to all that replied.
I'll most likely go with the location Steve and others have done.

Barry,
Thanks for the heads up. When I was on the FAA website I did see the big notice that they were currently processing applications from November 26th or so.

Thanks again,
Gary

Return to “Just Aircraft”