Wing incidence

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Fresnoredneck
Forum Regular

Wing incidence

Post by Fresnoredneck »

Hi everybody, can anybody tell me wing incidence and dihedral for the Escapade, cant find any details on those issues in the paperwork on the aircraft I brought. Any guidance would be appreciated.

TIA

Rich
danerazz
Veteran Member

Re: Wing incidence

Post by danerazz »

The incidence is set at 0* during construction by leveling the horizontal stab to the fuselage spar carry-throughs. The dihedral is set by the strut length and the wing strut attach points, which are positioned by measuring from the end of the spar instead of measuring an angle. I cannot find anything on what the dihedral angle actually is, but the factory can probably tell you. The adjustment on one of the strut points is to adjust for wing-heavy flight.

Hope this helps.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Post by FlyerChief »

Dihedral is 1.5 degrees.

Check out this thread from 2010...

http://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic.php ... ral#p24263

Dan
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford
Fresnoredneck
Forum Regular

Post by Fresnoredneck »

Hi Dan, appreciated, we checked today and could only get it to 1 degree so guess we have some adjusting to do. Another question I have that you may be able to shed some light on is that there is in the manual 12 to 18 inches shift in arm on pilot and passenger, I can only get 12 to 17 inches, seat transit is only 5 inches??

Just getting my knowledge of the bird up to speed.

TIA

Rich
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Post by FlyerChief »

Every plane is slightly different since they are individually built according to the builder's preference, but if the instructions are followed according to the manual, I believe it to be fairly common that only six of the seven holes drilled in the seat rail are actually usable. I am not near my plane right now, so I can't verify it. Maybe someone else can check it for you.
Dan
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford

Return to “Just Aircraft”