Not all tapes are equal

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Familyflyer
Veteran Member

Not all tapes are equal

Post by Familyflyer »

I did not have enough 2" tapes in the my kit so I ordered some from Spruce. I waited many weeks and then they said the superflite tapes was still weeks out. They had other 2" tape in stock so I took that.

Well today was a perfect day to finish the taping the rudder, horizontal stabs and elevator as it is just to cold for painting. I better find something else to do as I can use this crappy tape :shock:

Have you guys run into this before? I figure I better wait and get better tapes. There is no way I can make this straight, no mater what I try.
Troy Branch

SuperStol 914
Branchair on Youtube
http://www.amateurbuiltfamilyfun.com/
User GDS
Veteran Member

Re: Not all tapes are equal

Post by User GDS »

Maybe the roll was set on something hot so one side shrunk a little. I used several kinds of tape on mine, only problem I had was the size of the pinked edges, they had different Points per Inch. If you PM or e-mail your address to me I can send you a roll on Monday.
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
Familyflyer
Veteran Member

Re: Not all tapes are equal

Post by Familyflyer »

User GDS wrote:Maybe the roll was set on something hot so one side shrunk a little. I used several kinds of tape on mine, only problem I had was the size of the pinked edges, they had different Points per Inch. If you PM or e-mail your address to me I can send you a roll on Monday.
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer, but I think I have local source that I will call tomorrow. I have used other tapes as well. I find the Superflite to be the softest and nicest to lay. They are the thinest as well and seam to do the best job.
Troy Branch

SuperStol 914
Branchair on Youtube
http://www.amateurbuiltfamilyfun.com/

Return to “Just Aircraft”