Rotax 914 Cabin Heat

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
orenjr
Seasoned Member

Rotax 914 Cabin Heat

Post by orenjr »

I am wanting to put cabin heat in my superstol with 914 engine. The factory 912 uses a heat muff. But they do not have one for the 914.
Would anyone with the 914 have pictures and contact info on different ways I can add cabin heat?
Heat muff, heat exchanger, etc.
Thanks! Oren
Familyflyer
Veteran Member

Re: Rotax 914 Cabin Heat

Post by Familyflyer »

I have a cabin heat and a manifold for the pumps and check valve coming. The pumps are being modified for AN fittings and it will all fit nicely inside a stainless box under the cowling. No rubber hoses and no pumps in the cabin. It will be the end of march before everything arrives. I will post pictures when it does.
Troy Branch

SuperStol 914
Branchair on Youtube
http://www.amateurbuiltfamilyfun.com/
orenjr
Seasoned Member

Post by orenjr »

Troy would you have a link or number for the cabin heat and manifold so I could see what you have ordered?
Steve Henry I looked at your pictures and it appears you have a heat muff. Could you share where you got them and if you would recommend?
Thanks! Guys
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

I just started from scratch and built my own heat muff. It works real well but took a whole day to make.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

I don't think Steve Henry will mind me posting these pictures. They are of his heater set-up and I understand it works very well.
I'm fortunate enough to be the neighbor of Ronnie Smith who most know as one of the best Rotax 912 mechanics alive. Anyway Steve had sent his motor back to Ronnie for inspection and I had the opportunity to take these pictures. I have the same engine and plan to build mine like Steve's if he hasn't patented it yet :) Anyway thought this would help and since Steve is a busy person and I'm just sitting here in Kazakhstan on a Sunday afternoon after work with nothing else to do I figured would post these pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Take Care,
John Cooley
Kit #265 converted to SuperSTOL
N265JC reserved
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

Thanks John and you are so right about me being very busy. I'm trying to get not so busy but I'm not so sure I will get it done.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
orenjr
Seasoned Member

Post by orenjr »

Thanks! John
I believe I will do the same if that's OK with you Steve.
Steve do you remember what gauge and kind metal you used ?
Thanks! Oren

Return to “Just Aircraft”