Sport Pilot Examiner Availability

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
barry767
Seasoned Member

Sport Pilot Examiner Availability

Post by barry767 »

I know that not many people are training to receive a sport pilot rating these days. Most sport pilots come from the ranks of private pilots who simply let their medical certificate lapse and fly light sport compliant aircraft (such as our Highlanders and Superstols) using their valid state drivers licenses in place of a current FAA medical certificate.

Last week in addition to flying my Highlander for the first time, I became a FAA Designated Pilot Examiner with Sport Pilot Authority (yes, it was a great week). If you or someone you know is approaching completion of flight training, I'm available to conduct the sport pilot practical checkride. Since I work for the airlines, I can travel to your location and at no additional cost. The checkride can be conducted in a Highlander or SS but doesn't have to be. Any light sport compliant airplane will do (Cub, Taylorcraft, Luscombe 8A, SLSA, ELSA, E/AB, etc.).

Please feel free to contact me for additional information. Keep building and flying. It's worth it!

Barry
MarkZ
Forum Regular

Re: Sport Pilot Examiner Availability

Post by MarkZ »

Huge accomplishment! Congrats!!
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

There is a fellow pilot in Geauga County east of Cleveland, Ohio that just completed his Rans S6.
He needs some in type training for his insurance so he can fly off his 40 hours. Can you get him that training in his aircraft during the 40 hours or would he need to get that training in an S6 that is past the 40 hours?
barry767
Seasoned Member

Post by barry767 »

My plan is to be available to someone who needs a designated examiner to conduct the FAA Sport Pilot practical checkride. Sorry, but I wouldn't have the time to conduct flight training. I would think there would be local CFI's who could do that. Barry

Return to “Just Aircraft”