Dynon Support

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Gil T
Veteran Member

Dynon Support

Post by Gil T »

Just a comment on the excellent customer support that Dynon provides. I had a problem when I installed the 11.0 update on the Skyview. A big red X. With a phone call a new ADAHRS was on the way. It arrived the next day. Unfortunately that wasn't the problem. With some nonstop phone conversations, it was determined that it was a software problem unique to some units. Maybe something to do with being a taildragger, maybe not. At any rate a software fix was done which will work until a new updated version is out. It works great and has all the new features which I haven't figured out yet. I bet all you guys with steam gauges are saying "see, I told you so". Just wanted to say that I am very impressed with their customer service.

On another topic I just put in a Piper style external power plug just forward of the hatch in front of the tail wheel. My airplane was built in 2005 and I can't count how many times I've removed the cowling so I could hook up some power since I knew that my battery would always be charged and I would never leave the master switch on and run it flat. This setup only cost twice as much as my initial figuring which I guess is better than my usual estimates.

Keep the oily side down.

Gil T
levyland
Veteran Member

Re: Dynon Support

Post by levyland »

Gill, I fully concur. Dynon support is awesome. I thought I had a problem with my ADHARS (I didn't) but they loaned me a replacement at no charge. If anyone is thinking steam gauges forget it. Everything and more you would need is plug and play. One of the nicest displays I use a lot landing off field is the cross wind component. Knowing that you have a couple of knots on the nose versus on the tail makes a world of difference.

Return to “Just Aircraft”