SuperSTOL Flap Return Springs

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
kenryan
Veteran Member

SuperSTOL Flap Return Springs

Post by kenryan »

Can anyone tell me how/where to connect these springs? I have also heard that some builders have cut the springs short to make them stronger. Has anyone just replaced them with a stronger spring?
Super Stol Kit #299
Augustus
Seasoned Member

Re: SuperSTOL Flap Return Springs

Post by Augustus »

Hi Ken,

I'll try to call you.
SuperSTOL 332
Ed T.
N202ET
smiley
Forum Regular

Post by smiley »

I have not figured out how to post pictures yet. but my wing is open and I could sent some pictues if I had your email
mine is rtelkamp@gmail.com
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

smiley wrote:I have not figured out how to post pictures yet...
How to Post Pictures on the Wings Forum

Have the picture saved on your local device.

Below the Reply window, click on the Upload attachment tab.

Click the Choose File button. That will take you to the File Explorer on your device (or something similar by another name). When you select your image, you'll be returned to the Forum. Your image filename should appear between the Choose File button and the Add the File button.

Click the Add the File button. Your image will be listed below the Reply window under POSTED ATTACHMENTS. If you choose, you can add a file comment there -- a picture title or an explanation of what it shows.

If you want the image to appear at a specific place in your post, click where you want it to appear and then click the Place inline button.

If you decide you don't want the file in your post, click the Delete file button.

If you add another image, you'll notice that the image added last is on the top of the POSTED ATTACHMENTS list.

Click the Preview button to see if you have what you want. You can't edit in the Preview window, but you can edit in the Reply window and Preview as many times as you want.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
smiley
Forum Regular

Post by smiley »

Called the factory yesterday
My kit is # 315 The connecting rods on mine for the flaps measure 4 1/2" long
they told me that they now ship them at 4" long so that the flap bellcrank will not hit the fuel tank when the flaps are fully retracted. It is also supposed to help the spring tension
kenryan
Veteran Member

Post by kenryan »

smiley wrote:Called the factory yesterday
My ... connecting rods ... measure 4 1/2" long
they told me that they now ship them at 4" long so that the flap bellcrank will not hit the fuel tank when the flaps are fully retracted. It is also supposed to help the spring tension
I ordered some stronger springs, but I'm going to try shortening the connecting rods too.
Super Stol Kit #299

Return to “Just Aircraft”