Useful Gadgets

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Tralika
Veteran Member

Useful Gadgets

Post by Tralika »

I'm chipping away on my project, covering wings at the moment. Today I used two things that are not normally on the list of needed tools for building a plane. Both of these things are really useful so I thought I'd share them.

The first is a simple chair on casters. When I started this project my neighbor took a look at what I was doing and offered me this chair that he had. He thought I would get a lot of use out of it. I was a little skeptical since I've always used a 5 gallon bucket with a seat cover for a shop stool. My neighbor was so excited about the chair that I accepted it just to be polite. Boy is this thing useful. So much more comfortable and easier to move around than the bucket. Today I was applying glue to cover a wing. Being able to sit up, lean back and just slide along the leading and trailing edges made the job go much faster. The best part is no sore back from leaning over the wing. I've used shop stools on casters before but they normally do not have a back and are fairly short. I think this normal height chair with a back is the way to go.

The other item is a small adjustable square marketed as Omni Square. I bought this about a year ago to use for framing. I've found lots of uses for it on the airplane project. Since it is adjustable and locks in place it is very handy for marking repeated measurements. Of all measuring devices I have it is the easiest to read. I'm really glad I have it. I bought it online from omnitoolworks.com

I no affiliation with the Omni Square company or whoever made the chair on casters. I just think they are handy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon

Return to “Just Aircraft”