Pop... Pop... Pop Rivets...

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Re: Pop... Pop... Pop Rivets...

Post by stede52 »

Marl59
I tried to get some other pictures of the window but they just don't show much of anything.

Av8rps,
The CubCrafters site lists the costs of each kit, wing, fuse, finish(includes the 180hp engine) plus optional equipment). It is a 100% complete and quality kit (and it should be for that money :), you definitely get what you pay for in the kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve D N419LD
marl59
Seasoned Member

Post by marl59 »

Stede52,
Thanks very much for the pic. Nice clean look. I'm going to use that method/materials when I do my Highlander windows this winter. Thanks again!
messenger
Seasoned Member

Post by messenger »

Steve, I am replacing the lexan and you give instructions for the installation of the lexan on the doors and windows , and you say to do the install with the window and door frames on the plane in the closed or locked position, elaborate on that part a little for me. Is this to keep the frame in the correct form for the lexan? so drill the holes in the lexan, use clecos to hold in place, install everything on the plane then remove the tape strip and screw or pop rivet in place. thanks for your time, I have already installed one of your windshields and it is great.
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

I just tried the high bond tape on my highlander doors. Used pop rivets in the corners and half way down the sides. The tape will definitely pull loose in the high stress areas. I like the idea . But you may need more rivets in high stress areas. It would definitely lower number of rivets on top lexan and turtle deck lexan, though I did not test it there.

Return to “Just Aircraft”