Super Stol Updated Build manual

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.

Moderator: scubarider2

Super Stol Updated Build manual

Postby BDA » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 pm

I have found that when I don't have enough info in my superstol manual to complete something - sometimes the info I need is in the UPDATED Highlander manual.
There are more pictures in the Highlander manual too. I'm jealous - and found this out waaaaaaaay to late.

The guys at the Factory, Buddy in particular has been a HUGE help - Thanks Buddy!

Can we compile a list here of things that you / we have been stumped on during our builds, that could be answered for others, and then captured for the next manual upgrade. - maybe even just post your pictures of the task.

So here is what I propose:
- First have the Moderator "Pin" this to the top.
- Then Post a subject in the manual and discuss and post pictures for 1 or 2 weeks - then Post the Next subject - and so on.

Lets try not to get too far into the weeds

I am willing to handle the subject changes - but don't feel the most qualified - Moderator?

Anyone that has a list of things they found lacking please post or attach.

This is Superstol posts only - lets make a separate one for Highlander
SuperStol XL With Titan 340
#486 - Started 9-2016
Mods in progress: Wing extensions, Airfoil tail ribs
Goal: 15mph no wind
BDA
Seasoned Member

Re: Super Stol Updated Build manual

Postby BDA » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Well - I got busy and dropped the ball here - sorry.

I was doing some rigging of Flap cables and control cables and there just was not enough info in the Superstol build manual for a first timer to do the job, so I looked through the Highlander manual and whatdouknow page 95 and following pages were pictures, part numbers and everything.

Cable "bushings" for attachment to the flap handle supplied in the kit and the ones called out in the manual are different number but look like they will work - any thoughts here?

My Mechanic said castle nuts with cotter keys only for control cable pulleys but some of the bolts are not drilled - nyloc ok??

Tricks -
- when heat shrinking the cable I found it works better to use a "single cable tube" on the tail first with a larger heat shrink tube over both after that, cleaner and easier.

- When crimping cable, I found it easier to leave the tail long, vise grip the tail by the ferrule and cinch down the loop and thimble to the vise grip - and cut tail after crimp. So that I didn't vise grip the hell out of the short little tail and have to try to stuff all those little hairy SOBs into the heat shrink

Please post anything you have on this subject
SuperStol XL With Titan 340
#486 - Started 9-2016
Mods in progress: Wing extensions, Airfoil tail ribs
Goal: 15mph no wind
BDA
Seasoned Member

Return to Just Aircraft