Any Higlanders near Memphis, TN?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
justino

Any Higlanders near Memphis, TN?

Post by justino »

Hello to the Forum,

I've recently become interested in building a Highlander. The kicker is I've never seen one in person. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to let me take a look at yours in person? I live in Memphis but could fly to you if within a reasonable distance, 2-300 miles. Thanks in advance, I look forward to someday joining this community of builders with a build of my own.

Justin
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Re: Any Higlanders near Memphis, TN?

Post by SuperFly »

Hi Justin.

I dont have a Highlander (anymore) I have a SuperSTOL though. Looks like Im about 350 miles heading 168* from Memphis according to AirNav. I am on a little grass strip in central IL. The local airport is KPNT. You are welcome to come up if tat interests you to look at a SuperSTOL. They fly very different, but the fuselages are identical from a size/fit stand point. If you havent found it, look over the website I put together while building mine. (stolairplane.com) I never really finished it, but it takes you through the meat of the build process. I sort of stopped updating regularly when nearing the end of the covering process as there isnt alot of news to report at that stage.
Happy to help any way I can, if you want to visit, or just have questions.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Post by FlyerChief »

Hi Justin,
Welcome to the forum!
You are only 340 miles straight line distance from Billy Payne's in Brasstown, NC (...likely your closest dealer) and 410 miles from the Just A/C factory in Walhalla, SC, although you might want to land at Clemson (depending upon what aircraft you fly) and arrange for a ride to the factory. I would make a weekend of it and arrange in advance to see both and get demo flights... I doubt you will regret it.
Dan
Highlander #241
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford
justino

Post by justino »

Ben,

Thank you very much. I’d like to give you a call if possible. What number would work best? I’m at 864-354-8454.

Dan,

Good idea, I was just looking into a closer option if available. I’ve recently moved from Greenville, SC...unfortunately I hadn’t discovered these airplanes while living right around the corner from the factory :)

Thanks again,

Justin
RV6
Forum Regular

Post by RV6 »

Yep,Portland airport.....

John McMahon
Cell 615 336 2340
HB35

Post by HB35 »

I’ve got a superstol. Just 35 miles north of Memphis in Covington. Welcome to come check it out.
justino

Post by justino »

Thanks to all of you who've responded the past few days. I've spoken with a few of you and appreciate you all taking the time. HB34, I would love to check out your superstol. I currently operate out of Charles Baker near Millington. Would you mind giving me a shout at 864-354-8454 to touch base. Thanks
justino

Post by justino »

I meant HB35, sorry about that...

Return to “Just Aircraft”