Oshkosh - Roll Call

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Oshkosh - Roll Call

Post by AV8R Paul »

Oshkosh 2019 Roll Call - Who's planning on attending Oshkosh 2019?
I'm cogitating about going & plan to parking in the Ultralight Area.
We need to start Planning.
If I go I will be staying at The University of Wisconsin @ Oshkosh, they have bed & a nice Cafeteria.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
Sierrakilo

Re: Oshkosh - Roll Call

Post by Sierrakilo »

In the stages of planning a visit , coming over from the UK. First time visit to Airventure, but have been Sun N Fun 3 times. finding acommodation at reasonable rates versus distance to Wittman a bit of an exercise !
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

You might try the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
They rent the dorm room for $75/night un-airconditioned, and $125/night air conditioned (The AC Rooms are hard to get usually a waiting list), the rooms accommodate 2 people.
They have the Cafeteria open for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner and the meals are about $12 all you can eat, and there are relatively speaking very short lines.
When you go to the University it is about 2.5 miles from the airport. They sell shuttle tickets for $20 per person, that shuttles you from the Dorms to Oshkosh Main Entrance. The shuttle runs all day late into the evening something like 10 PM.

I haven't done it yet, but I plan on making a room reservation for the un-airconditioned room, and ask to be but on the waiting list for AC.

https://uwosh.edu/gcc/home/eaa-airventu ... and-rates/
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I got a confirmation e-Mail from the University. So I’m ready for Oshkosh.
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

2019 Oshkosh is coming. I’ve already got reservation at the University for a room. Kitfox is planning their 35 year celebration, at the Ultralight Field. I plan on flying up the Thursday before Oshkosh, so I should be able to find a spot to park. Y’all might want to consider getting there early or parking may be sparse.

We may want to see if we can rope off some Just Aircraft Parking. I’ll be in the Ultralight area with mt SuoerSTOL Purple Haze.

Paul Z
AV8R Paul
Mhutton

Post by Mhutton »

Going to be there all week with my RV and Superstol. I am in the STOL competition this year. Will report when I get confirmation of my RV parking spot. Oshkosh is always a big event for my family and friends. Sure after flying is done for the day, good times will be had at the campsite. Come over and say hello if your at the show.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Where do you camp? I’ll stop by to visit.
AV8R Paul
farmerflier

Post by farmerflier »

We are desperately trying to finish our build to get there. We may have a few bits missing or not painted, but hopefully my son and I will be there camping under the wing of our new SuperSTOL.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Good luck finishing her up, the hard part for me was flying 40 off in a week and three days. I got the time flown off, went to the hotel to get a nights sleep, and then next morning I departed Frost Oshkosh.
farmerflier wrote:We are desperately trying to finish our build to get there. We may have a few bits missing or not painted, but hopefully my son and I will be there camping under the wing of our new SuperSTOL.
AV8R Paul
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

Bruce "Buc" Johnson will bee there, waiting to pick y'all brains on how you are accomplishing the many tasks of building your "JUST"

I'm leaving Monday morning from Ohio. I'll be camping behind my Expedition, where-ever. I hope to meet as many of you all as possible. If it has not been stated, Let's meet up at the the Just tent 1 Hour before the Stol Demo each night they fly.

Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com

Return to “Just Aircraft”