Viking 110 for sale

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Bevan
Forum Regular

Viking 110 for sale

Post by Bevan »

For Sale: Viking 110hp (Honda Fit,factory conversion) with pulley and oil vent upgrades. Complete, with wiring harness and Evans coolant. 355 hrs. TT. With log book! Ran great! Removed after airplane totaled. $6000 OBO! View at Just Aircraft Factory, Walhalla, SC. More info, Picts @ 707.888.1875
marl59
Seasoned Member

Re: Viking 110 for sale

Post by marl59 »

Prop Strike?
Bevan
Forum Regular

Post by Bevan »

marl59 wrote:Prop Strike?
Yes. Nose wheel collapsed on landing on grass. One blade of 3 blade Warp Drive Prop broke, one slight ding, one untouched. Engine at idle. Shock absorbed in rubber washers in gear box. Slight ding in radiator, otherwise untouched. Engine stored inside since accident.
pbsinohio

Post by pbsinohio »

Did you like the engine? Why not get it repaired and continue flying it?
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

I know someone with a Viking 110 (not on a Highlander) that had a prop strike at a high power setting. I believe it took out all three prop blades but it may have only been two. The Whirlwind composite prop blades shattered and absorbed a lot of energy. He sent the prop hub to Whirlwind and the prop reduction gear box to Viking for inspection. No damage was found on either. His gear box is back on the engine and he ran it without the prop with no issues. Based on that first hand knowledge I'd be surprised if there was engine/gear box damage from a prop strike at a low power setting. There is always the possibility of impact damage to the engine and of course any prospective buyer should practice due diligence.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
Bevan
Forum Regular

Post by Bevan »

I flew 357 hrs on the Viking 110. It had plenty of power and was totally reliable. I especially liked the fuel injection and the internal exhaust manifold. I switched to a Rotax 912 because Just Aircraft said the engine was too heavy for the nose wheel. It had the battery and 10 pounds of lead in the tail.
Bevan
Forum Regular

Post by Bevan »

110hp Viking Aircraft Engine (factory conversion of Honda Fit), Fuel injected, pulley and oil vent upgrades, muffler with O2 sensor,3 gallon aluminum header tank, Complete with wiring harness. 355 total hours with log book! Ran great! Removed after airplane totaled and minor prop strike at idle. Pistons oiled and drive shaft turned. $6000. View at JustAircraft Factory, Walhalla, SC. Shipping at 295 lb on pallet 4’ X 4’ X 2’5”, More info, Picts @ 707.888.1875

I just listed it on eBay starting at $3,500!

Return to “Just Aircraft”