SuperStol Bad Parts ??

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Re: SuperStol Bad Parts ??

Post by CanadianSheepHunter »

danerazz wrote:The hole issues look like a laser cutter issue, and some of the marks look like they could be made by a cutter head contacting the part.

EDIT:

The pulley also looks like a CNC cutter starting point gone wrong. The CNC shop looks like they need some adjustment...
What really puzzles me is the hair line crack the big crack
kenryan
Veteran Member

Post by kenryan »

Hard to believe they shipped those parts out to you. My SS is from that same time period. My parts were all okay. Side note: the aileron hinge brackets are not symmetrical. There is a top and a bottom. Hopefully they have updated the manual.
Super Stol Kit #299
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

kenryan wrote:Hard to believe they shipped those parts out to you. My SS is from that same time period. My parts were all okay. Side note: the aileron hinge brackets are not symmetrical. There is a top and a bottom. Hopefully they have updated the manual.
Thanks, I didn't know about those not being symmetrical. I asked for the most updated manual, drawings etc, the manual still has much to be desired.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

CanadianSheepHunter wrote:
AV8R Paul wrote:I’d pack up the parts and send them back and ask for a replacement. Make sure you list all of the pieces you are sending back. I’m positive the factory will replace them.
Yes for sure I would think there would doubt they will replace, the parts for this kit were built 2013/2014 as far as when he picked it up from factory( I bought a kit that a guy started building on in 2014)

I wanted to edit my typo but apparently you can only edit a post for a certain amount of time. Above paragraph should read “Yes for sure I would think there would be no doubt they will replace them”
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Jan 27 2020 received my replacement parts today, they said what i thought were cracks were scratches. The rest was do do with the laser cutting of the bolt holes but no explanation. Glad my parts are here just in time for me.

Return to “Just Aircraft”