SuperStol Kit Updates

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

SuperStol Kit Updates

Post by CanadianSheepHunter »

Heres a new thread for things not in the build manual. I thought i was done with my wings and now i have to add the rib stiffeners that currently are not in the build manual yet. Here’s what the factory said: “We are working on getting this into the manual. The stiffeners go inboard on top and bottom of rib#9 *Inboard on bottom of rib # 1 and out board on top of rib#2. this last one is trimmed as with the pic.”...I just realized this a few days ago myself after I saw pics on Chris Wallen’s Facebook build pics. I’ll attach the pics the factory sent me with that reply.

Anyone else have anything that is not in the build manual ?

Another for me was filing the bottom wing attach points to get the wing to attach...once the spar doublers are added the wing wont go on until you file the bottom attach point(i was told by the factory to file the bottom not the top)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Re: SuperStol Kit Updates

The SS kits sent out now come with 1/8” cable for the rudder instead of 3/32”, due to the high wear area. I found this out after noticing larger cable in a pic and then I confirmed it with factory. I found this out the day after I installed my 3/32” Rudder cables, I will upsize them to 1/8”.
BDA
Veteran Member

Post by BDA »

Large washers on hiem joint attachements

Larger shocks for the XL

Return spring on Beringer park brake

Larger cable for the tail brace wires on XL

3/8” fuel hose for lycoming style engines

Cut 1 1/2” off flap springs

New tail support rods for folded wing

Airfoil tail

New flap handle and ratchet (2 different ones)

Elevator control rod UNDER THE FLOOR (mod)

And more
SuperStol XL Alaskan With Titan 340
N331AK. Shawn Taplin
Wing extensions,Symetrical Airfoil tail ribs (NACA 21)
Mods in progress: Heavier struts, Double slotted flaps
Goal: 15mph no wind
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

CanadianSheepHunter wrote:Heres a new thread for things not in the build manual. I thought i was done with my wings and now i have to add the rib stiffeners that currently are not in the build manual yet. Here’s what the factory said: “We are working on getting this into the manual. The stiffeners go inboard on top and bottom of rib#9 *Inboard on bottom of rib # 1 and out board on top of rib#2. this last one is trimmed as with the pic.”...I just realized this a few days ago myself after I saw pics on Chris Wallen’s Facebook build pics. I’ll attach the pics the factory sent me with that reply.

Any better pics of this? I'm not sure what I'm looking at in those pics? Don't know if I have the stiffeners or not? When were they added to kits? My wings were built at the factory (stage 3) in 2017.

Thanks1
Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Clark in AZ wrote:
CanadianSheepHunter wrote:Heres a new thread for things not in the build manual. I thought i was done with my wings and now i have to add the rib stiffeners that currently are not in the build manual yet. Here’s what the factory said: “We are working on getting this into the manual. The stiffeners go inboard on top and bottom of rib#9 *Inboard on bottom of rib # 1 and out board on top of rib#2. this last one is trimmed as with the pic.”...I just realized this a few days ago myself after I saw pics on Chris Wallen’s Facebook build pics. I’ll attach the pics the factory sent me with that reply.

Any better pics of this? I'm not sure what I'm looking at in those pics? Don't know if I have the stiffeners or not? When were they added to kits? My wings were built at the factory (stage 3) in 2017.

Thanks1
Clark
Marked with red circle. I don’t know when they added the stiffeners. I may not have circled all of them in the pics as the pics are a bit blurry, there is a couple on opposite side that are hard to circle. I will be adding mine any day to my wings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

Ok, thanks Ken! My wing has those, so they were adding them in 2017 when my wing was built at the factory.

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ

Return to “Just Aircraft”