Newbie from northern Colorado

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Roofmonkey

Newbie from northern Colorado

Post by Roofmonkey »

Howdy peeps! I have been lurking on here for a few years and grabbing info along the way; enough of it that I finally decided to pull the trigger on a Superstol XL, built by Chris Wallen! I am sooooo excited to finally get this project underway!!! I have 4,000 hrs and hold an ATP rating flying everything from 182’s with skydivers, Baron 58tcs, Aero Commanders, and a King Air 200 for my last job of 8 years. I have flown skidivers, charter, air ambulance, freight, pipeline, and charter. My wife is a United Airlines pilot flying the A320 and our daughte,who is still in High School just got her private and flying with her has rekindled my desire to fly again, hence the SuperstolXL with a Yamaha ePex300ti! I cant wait and thanks ahead of time for all of the great info you all have added to this forum! IkeJon
BucF16
Veteran Member

Re: Newbie from northern Colorado

Post by BucF16 »

Welcome! There is indeed a ton of information on this sight. We however have not been as active in the last year as previous. Mainly because we had an exodus to the Justaircraft Super STOL Facebook sight. I'm there; BUT I don't add much. It is a pain to search! And IMHO it is more social and instant. What was discussed last week is forgotten this week. Here you can search and see what we discussed 10 years ago. And for the most part it is still relevant. Chris is excellent! Good Luck!

Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
Roofmonkey

Post by Roofmonkey »

Im not a fan of facebook either. Too much extra fluff and not very user friendly. Do you know of any Superstols out my way?
BDA
Veteran Member

Post by BDA »

Welcome!
I have a slightly moded XL, and Chris is a good friend. let me know if you have questions.
Shawn
SuperStol XL Alaskan With Titan 340
N331AK. Shawn Taplin
Wing extensions,Symetrical Airfoil tail ribs (NACA 21)
Mods in progress: Heavier struts, Double slotted flaps
Goal: 15mph no wind
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

Welcome aboard!

Good choice with Chris; he does excellent work, does it fast, and is a pleasure to be around.

Facebook is instant gratification, and it's easy to post. As an archive, it's miserable. If you want it your information to be useful to others, post it here.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

Return to “Just Aircraft”