Just Aircraft Enthusiast Pin Map

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Just Aircraft Enthusiast Pin Map

Post by Stan Bearup »

I have created a pin map showing the locaton of Just Aircaft builders and owners. Please add your name, photo, and comments
to this and let's keep track of the Highlanders, Escapades and Summits!
Happy Building everyone!
Stan Bearup

http://www.frappr.com/justaircraft
KevinC
Veteran Member

Post by KevinC »

Stan,

Very cool - I hope to add another 'pin' soon.  Need to sell the Beech first.  What is Kydex?  How is the building going?

Kevin
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Stan,

Talk to us Man. I just added myself to the pin map. How is your project going? :?:

I have just today finished all flying surfaces through Polybrush. All tapes have been installed. I, today, turned the fuselage on it's side and installed the bottom former. The fuselage should be in the covering process next week. I just need to install the battery wires and fuel lines before the bottom cover goes on. :D

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Hey Alan

Sorry for the delay in posting a follow up, but I did not know that you had asked for one until tonight when I logged on. My project is comming along well and I am currently building my instrument panel. I plan to install radio stack that is 1/2" taller than the supplies panel blank is deep and so will build me a new panel tomorrow that will work out better. I have the Kydex interior installed and most of the systems. I will take some photos of the panel building process and forward them on to you guys if you are interested. In the panel, I plan to install the following:

Centered in front of the pilot:
Garmin 396 in an AirGizmo panel dock
Garmin SL 40 Com radio with built in intercom
KT76 or KT78 Transponder

Centered in the Panel (above the throttle):
Dynon FlightDEK-D-180 (EFIS/EMS)
EXP Bus2 by Control Vision

I would have liked to center the Dynon EFIS instrument in front of the pilot, but unfortunately the 1/2" tube runing at an angle behind this location prohibits that installation.

Once the panel is complete and rough installed, I plan to jump onto the wings, flaps and ailerons and get them ready to cover. Once I have everything ready to cover, I will jump into that mode and hopefully have it all ready for paint by spring.  I know, I know....... Knock on wood!  :wink:

Cheers!
Stan
utpa001
Forum Regular

Post by utpa001 »

Hi,
My project is getting off to a good start.  I've almost got the fuselage assembly done, and will start working with the wings next.  They were quickbuild from the factory, so hopefully they won't take too long.  Stan, I like your instrument panel setup, I'm hoping to put about the same avionics in as you are.  Too bad about the Dynon Efis/ems, sounds like it wouldn't even close to fit centered on the pilot's side?

I also am putting together a website of my build process.  You can find it at http://www.triwest.net/~tpadams

Tim
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

I wanted to bring this back out as I like seeing where others are.  It was buried in the files and after discussing it with Lynn, I said we already have one.  Here it is!
Paul, PA
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

Alan, I started out with the battery in the back of the plane for the 1st 300 hrs or so. I think it should go as far forward as you can possibly put it. These planes are still plenty tail heavy and it keeps your cables much shorter and lighter. :)
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Steve,

I ended up putting the battery just aft of the rear bulkhead. If I had it to do over I would install it much further forward for exactly the reasons you stated. The perfect solution would be to build 4 or 5 Highlanders, fly each one a hundred hours or so, and keep the last one.

I have had no problems so far, but I only have about 240 hrs on our 'plane. Wow! Over 1000 hrs. Way to go!

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
Ewalk02
Seasoned Member

Re: Just Aircraft Enthusiast Pin Map

Post by Ewalk02 »

Any update with this, I cannot get the link to work.
Brian E.
Kansas City, MO
Highlander #223
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

Ewalk02 wrote:Any update with this, I cannot get the link to work.
Looks like Frappr has ended its run and the map is gone. The only thing I see out there that's comparable -- so far -- is ZeeMaps at http://www.zeemaps.com/. From what I read, it can be run by a single user providing spreadsheet data, or it has a Wiki Map option so any user can place map points. The single user map is more secure from hacking, but it requires someone to act as moderator and handle additions, moves or deletions.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Pretty sure you can do this with google earth. Have to research it a bit...
Dane

Paralysis by analysis

Return to “Just Aircraft”