HIGHLANDER KIT INFO

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

HIGHLANDER KIT INFO

Post by Uwe Jens »

Hi Highlander entusiasts!
I need your help! I´ve heard that some owner´s had trouble with the kit inventory.  I am about to start a project, I own all the instruments, engine and propeller, I am very close to buying a kit, but my problem is that I live in Ecuador, South America and I need to import the kit into my country.  This means it is quite a problem if some parts are missing,  I will appreciate if someone can help me with the information on which parts you´ve had to buy somewhere else that didn´t come within the kit, or if someone can help me with the parts list that come with the kit.  Do you think it is better for me to travel to the USA to check the kitbox before I  export it  to Ecuador?  
Thanks,
Uwe/.
Gary H
Veteran Member

kIT

Post by Gary H »

If I were you, I would order the kit. Before they ship it go to the factory and do an inventory on all parts. Make sure everything is there before it leaves the factory. I I got all my parts after 4 months. Good guys, they just need to get inventory control undercontrl!  :roll:
Will fly for food!!
Gerald V9

Post by Gerald V9 »

My experience has been quite good to include the inventory of parts.  To date, there has been only three minor parts missing and they were immediately mailed out in an envelope.  The fuselage and gear are all together, and everything seems to be there for the wings.  Through outfits like Spruce Aircraft you will be purchasing many small hardware items as you change things slightly or add items.  Good Luck
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

Highlander kit info

Post by Uwe Jens »

Thanks guys for your recommendations ,everything tells me that I must fly to Walhalla, bye Uwe/. :)
KevinC
Veteran Member

Walhalla

Post by KevinC »

I just got back from Walhalla.  Regardless of inventory, which is a very good reason to go, it was definitely worth the trip.  A few hours in the shop really helps with tips and tricks to get things put together correctly.  Besides - I finally got a test hop!  WOW did I make the right decision!

Kevin

Return to “Just Aircraft”