Stratomaster Ultra?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Stratomaster Ultra?

Post by scubarider »

Anyone use the Stratomaster Ultra or know of anyone who has one?  I am thinking of going that route.  Not sure though.  I do like my instruments.  What do you think?  Any other ideas anyone using or thinking of using?
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

I'm planning on going with one of those (if it's compatable with my Turbo Suzuki) and some kind of back ups on a few primary instruments. I need to call the company and confirm compatability.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Talked to company

Post by scubarider »

I emailed the company that produces the Stratomaster Ultra.  They said it would work great with the Rotax 912S.  Least expensive hook-ups.  Still looking at it though.  Not sure about the size and clarity of the screen.  Several others out there like the Dynons but almost twice as expensive.  What to do.......... :roll:
Dennis
Gary H
Veteran Member

Post by Gary H »

Dennis:
I know what I AM doing. I put all gass in my other plane that I built, ,,, and,,, when I was crossing the Cascade Mountains in Wash. State. Guess what happened? You got it, all went dark, nothing,, knotha, that was not a good feeling. As for me, I am back to the good old gauges, ones that won't quit when you need them most! Just a thought for you.
Gary
Will fly for food!!
scubarider
Veteran Member

My thought too

Post by scubarider »

I know what you are saying.  I have the same concerns.  If I get everything in one the if the "one" goes out then I am *&^% out of luck.  If one gauge goes out then, well...... :o    I am leaning toward the standard guages.  Less expensive and probably more reliable.  
Anyone out there use a fuel level something?  I have noticed most are just using the tanks as the guage.  I really would like to get some type of guage.  Any advice out there?  What are you using?
Dennis
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Fuel gauges

Post by b1x4nqb »

I tried my best to convince myself I could both afford and would benefit from the "all in ones".  I love the cool look and all the bells and whistles that come with them.  The bottom line in my opinion however is that for these planes you can't beat the price of a few steam gauges and for simplicity the basic EIS made from grand rapids.  They offer a lifetime guarantee (I believe) and they even say something about if you don't like it for a year, send it back for a full refund.  You get full engine monitoring and for about $300 extra it will serve as a fuel totalizer and tell you what your burning, time to empty, fuel remaining, etc.  Other seperate totalizers sell for about the same price.  Combine that totalizer with the ability to look up and see your fuel and to me that is about as good as it gets for both redundancy and reliability.  If you want to save the $300, just look up and plan accordingly!
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Just went to order the full tilt Stratomaster Ultra and found out about the full color multi screen Enigma model for about $3500 for full EIS, flight instruments and color moving map GPS. Just too cool and inexpensive not to go with it, it would seem at this point.

Then combined with separate panel mounted, backup slip/skid/turn co-ordinator and handheld Garmin GPS, and external antena to the handheld NavCom with its VOR/Localizer, and whiskey compass, what more does one really need for both simple redundancy and modern glass?

On top of all that is my watch's digital altimeter and compass, plus a few cell phones!

Return to “Just Aircraft”