Page 1 of 1

Flap stop block

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:21 pm
by KevinC
The book  :roll:  mentions a flap stop block made of 1/4" plywood.  I've taken a lot of Highlander/Escapade pictures and I sure haven't seen this part.  Can any of the seasoned folks fill me in?  If it needs to be fabricated, could someone post a picture?

Doing control surface hinges tonigh....



PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:33 pm
by DaveU
I did not use them.  I had talked to Troy and they don't put them in.  They are a stop that limits the upward travel of the flap.  I just let the flap pull against the cable and that seems to work.  

I havent seen a just plane that had them.


PS, I got out for a short flight right at sunset.  Nice still air.  I am still working on getting the rigging just right.