DAYS spent on building ailerons/flaps now have to rip apart

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

DAYS spent on building ailerons/flaps now have to rip apart

Post by scubarider »

It seems I take two steps forward and have to take three steps back.  Spent this past week building the ailerons and flaps and tried to mount them today.  They did not line up right.  Called Troy.  He had me measure everything and low and behold....the wrong end brackets are riveted/epoxed in place.  They were miss labled and put in the wrong bags after powder coating and of course I followed the manual to the letter and this is what it got me.  Talk about being piZZZED  :x
Now,,,waiting on Troy to find the time to come out and show me how to basically tear them apart and rebuild.  More time wasted.  I am so discouraged.  
I know like the rest of you your time is precious.  I took a week off work to try and get the wings done as much as possible.  Between things missing, not fitting correctly and now this....Anyone want to buy a kit with 300+ hours spent on it?
:evil:
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think.
Because of recent experience, re-doing something can go really quickly sometimes, if that's what it needs.
scubarider
Veteran Member

spent all day

Post by scubarider »

OK...spent all day today redoing the end brackets on the flaps and ailerons.  Had to cut off a pretty good bit of leading edge material to get to the rivets.  Was not too bad heating to get the epoxy to let go.  Had to replace the false ribs again.  Will have to let Troy look at them to give suggestions on how to redo the leading edge for covering.
Sorry,,,,,,,,plane not for sale today....   :roll:
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!

Return to “Just Aircraft”