Wings Forum

Forum for homebuilt experimental & light sport aircraft pilots, owners, & builders.
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 pm 

i have an io-520-k in a super viking the battery is up and good the starter addapter spring is not sliping when it cranks it stops when it builds up compression i took all but one set of plugs out in one cylinder it spins great till it comes to the compression stroke then it just stops any one have any ideas ?????

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:51 pm 

None here sorry, but just wanted to say I just made my first post dealing with my 520-k in my super viking, and wanted to say hi to a fellow viking owner!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:16 am 

The IO-520-K is a six cylinder, fuel injected, air cooled engine producing285 brake horsepower and has a crankshaft speed of 2700 RPM. The engine has a maximum takeoff horsepower rating of 300 BHP at 2850 for no more than 5 minutes. The engine has horizontally opposed air cooled cylinders.The engine cylinders incorporate an overhead inclined valve design. The cylinders have updraft intake inlets and downdraft exhaust outlets mounted on the bottom of the cylinder head.