Page 1 of 1


PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:09 am
by bedebuilder
Do you need a certain type of rivit gun for the use of metal aircraft building. Im trying to figure out what you need to get the rivits flush with the skin of the airplane.
Thanks a lot,

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:45 am
by Sean_Caranna
Usually you need to dimple the metal. Lookup Avery dimple die sets.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:46 pm
by jvarnell
You should use a rivet gun.  They look like air hammers but there is a defrance.  I have a x2 and a x4 I use in my other metal shaping.  x2 hits softer than the x4.  Kent White of has helped me understand alot about metal air craft.