Hello from B.C. Canada

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
Gil Weston

Hello from B.C. Canada

Post by Gil Weston »

I have been looking in this forum for some time now and thought it was time to join. I am having a Highlander built in Ontario for me by Stirling ultralights. Reading all the advice and ideas from other members has been very helpfull.Had no idea there would be so many decisions to make. I have a short airstrip on me property ( 1200 ft. ) that was too short for my previous aircraft which was an RV6a which I couldn't fly from here so I wasn't using it at all. My field elevation is 3900 hundred ft. and I was too chicken to try it. I sold it and spent about 4 months trying to find the right aircraft for my experience level and strip. When I studied the Highlander,talked to a few owners and went out to Ontario to fly in one(Bob Prins I-BAB) I was hooked. Thanks again Bob, very nice plane. Thank you to Dennis for your advice on the compass problem. I will also put in top mount. I have talked several times to the guys at the factory and was impressed with their quick responses to e-mails and phone calls. They are very helpfull. Would like to here from owners out west. Well thats a little long winded for an introduction so will sign off for now. Hope this gets through as I was having a little trouble with the site.
Gil :)

Return to “Introductions”