Newbie to forum

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
flyingfool

Newbie to forum

Post by flyingfool »

Hi, my name is Tom DeWinter AKA "flyingfool". I am new to the forum. My interest in the Wittman or LuceAir buttercup is what drew me here.

I currently own a 1946 Aeronca 11ac Chief. I live on an airpark just NW of Madison, WI (6P3). I am a hold a commercial ASEL certificate (Instrument rated) and I'm a CFI.

I have a wife of 20+ years and three daughters (17, 14 and 6 years old). And a 10 year old English springer spaniel.

I have to yet find my way around the site but wanted my first post to be a brief introduction.

I love my chief but with building a buttercup, I can take off and land shorter, fly about 40 mph faster and carry more. Not to mention do my own annual condition inspection. I would anticipate powering the buttercup with a C-85 with the O-200 mods, a straight O-200 or possibly a converted corvair. But would probably stay withe the continental engines. I would think about using a ground adjustable prop so that I could tweak the pitch so as to just fall into the LSA category. Not because I have a health issue. But no one knows what 10 years from now will bring in the health department!

Bye for now!
malexander

Re: Newbie to forum

Post by malexander »

wimishi wrote:Will Newbie to shadow forum? Forum ignores Newbie to . This stray fools forum without a wrath. The dismissed reactor freaks a fascinated pupil.

:? Not sure I understand a single word of this. :?: Although, I will say there's not much happens on this site, don't know why, seems like it could be a neat place to "hang out".

Marshall Alexander

Return to “Introductions”