Choices Choices Choices

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
renagade226

Choices Choices Choices

Post by renagade226 »

Hi All,

My name is Mike Michaud, I live in Maine, and have been flying now for over thirty years. The last 20 years of my flying have been behind the controls of an M-4-220c Maule. Three years ago the old girl needed a major ($30,000 ouch) so we parted company and so I am now researching various planes to replace her. Most all of my flying is off airport, Skis in the winter, Floats in the summer, wheels for the few months between seasons. I am considering three LSA kits. The Kitfox, the highlander Super STOL, and the Rans S7. All have their pluses and their minuses. All seem to be well made and well supported. I like the idea of tandem seating especially for float operation. I need a plane however that has a useable cargo limit of 150 pounds. The Kitfox is advertised as the fastest. The highlander Super STOL looks just plan awesome for super tight places. I operated my Maule in areas of Maine where 4 feet of fresh powder was not uncommon. The brute strength of the big Franklin with Aeroglass skis made operating out of tight spots with these conditions possible. Whatever kit I go with needs to be able to do the same. Looking for some thoughts. Choices, Choices, Choices,

Mike

Return to “Introductions”