Hello from Colorado!

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
coloradokevin

Hello from Colorado!

Post by coloradokevin »

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and introduce myself! I'm a former Ohioan that has lived in Colorado for the past decade or so. Most of my flying was done back east in the past, but I've been dabbling in aviation for a few years out here through work.

I don't own an airplane yet (never have), but have strongly been considering the homebuilt route for doing so. I received my Private Pilot and Instrument Rating back in 2000/01 or so, but must admit that I haven't done much recreational flying since then. Life sometimes gets in the way of hobbies, particularly when the hobbies are quite expensive (like this one). Plus, the inherent limitations on rental aircraft often kept me from doing the things I wanted to do in those airplanes (like flying somewhere for a week of camping, etc).

Though the interest in aviation has never waned for me, the post-college years of career establishment, relationship building, and house buying provided a solid ten-year recreational flying hiatus for me. I suspect I'm not the only one who's had such an experience! As I've come to realize that flying more will be in the budget again shortly, I've also started looking at the pros/cons of future aircraft ownership. We'll see where this goes from here, but I must admit that I'm intrigued by the capabilities/cost of many of the homebuilt aircraft I've looked at.
levyland
Veteran Member

Re: Hello from Colorado!

Post by levyland »

Welcome Kevin

Return to “Introductions”