New member from Texas

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
Big Bird

New member from Texas

Post by Big Bird »

I am new to avaition, looking into getting either my private pilots license or sport pilot license.....not quite sure which yet. I am also looking at building an ultralight and getting some training so I can get in the air sooner, then follow through with the license. I am also considering building an aircraft prior to training to cut the cost of the rental as I plan to build a plane anyway. I have looked into the Falconar AMF- S14 "MARANDA" as well as the Raven KITFOX Replica and the Wag-A-Bond but (as with the license) I am still unsure. I considered the Zenith CH 750 but the useable load is a little on the light side for me (250#), a passenger, and a bag for the weekend.
Looks like you guys have a pretty good and informative place here and I look forward to learning, Ed
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: New member from Texas

Post by planecrazzzy »

If you build a plane to get your "Certification" in...

You may not realize that 40 hrs needs to be flown in it BEFORE a passenger can go along....

Sometimes people will buy a cheap plane for about $20,000.00

Use it to train... then sell it...

Buyer beware... it may need repairs DURING your training... Heads ? or what ever work will require an A&P mechanic...
Face it... Only two things you NEED to Fly....
Airspeed and Money
Gotta Fly...
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...

Return to “Introductions”