Greetings from Udall, KS

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
lsaguy

Greetings from Udall, KS

Post by lsaguy »

Hello folks. I started flying in 1968 while I was still in high school, took a break for a few years and then fell in love with hang gliding when the December '72 issue of Air Progress magazine hit the stands. I lived through the Rogallo era, moved to Washington in 1978 and flew throughout the Cascades for the next 28 years. In 1998 I re-started my private ticket and got it in 1999. In 2005, disgusted with Seattle traffic, my wife and I decided to move back to Kansas where we found a nice home on five acres in an airport community just outside Wichita. Two trips to Corning, CA got me an LSARM ticket for airplanes, PPC, and WSC and after the second class I went back to the PNW to pick up a new HKS powered Apache Sport trike from Kamron Blevins at Northwing. I've also accumulated a Kolb Mk IIIC, a Kolb Firestar, and a Cumulus motorglider kit. In 2007 I went to Sun-n-Fun for a month to get Rotax engine ratings for two and four strokes. In between classes I earned a WSC endorsement to my PPL which I suppose makes me one of the few legal trike pilots in the country. So now it's Lou and me, four dogs, two cats, 8 guineas, and 12 chickens here at Guinea Run. We are never at a loss for entertainment, even when it's too windy to fly Meadowlark, our trike. You can see my Kolb videos on YouTube at Rick51076.

Rick

Return to “Introductions”