(27) Fabric - Fuselage (Mike)

Relic

Re: (27) Fabric - Fuselage (Mike)

Post by Relic »

Mike : Love the look of your fabric work , especially the cable fairings. Great idea. I have a question regards the "inspection rings" yours appear perfect and I need to do the same. Do Iinstall rings on the outside or inside of the fabric or both sides. Have not had any luck finding full instructions on the net. Fabric I am using is heat shrunk Dacron.
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: (27) Fabric - Fuselage (Mike)

Post by planecrazzzy »

Hi,
The inspection ring is placed on the outside of the fabric... ( Only One )

Where ever you may need to inspect...

The Ray Stitts video shows him using a "Light" under the wing to see where the ring should go...

As I said in the Log... Not all the rings are cut out.... Some are for future inspections...

They are Glued in place with Polytak.... and covered with a Circle of pre shrunk ( 250 degrees ) fabric.

My first one was on the bottom of the fuselage... The circle of Fabric was a "Little" off....But it doesn't show.

After that... I was doing much better.

For "Opening" the Inspection holes...I use a Soldering Iron... and Melt the circle....staying away from the ring a little....

Then melt it closer to the ring... I feel this bonds the cut,,,,

Inspection "Covers"...I bought Both type...

After you have some in your possession... You'll see what you want... Use as stock.... Modify.... Or even make your own Custom for some areas...
Gotta Fly...
JAM
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...

Return to “Mike's Buttercup project”