Horizontal Stab Trim control

Montana Eagle
dsusens

Horizontal Stab Trim control

Post by dsusens »

I'm working on a Montana Coyote and trying to figure out how the horizontal stab trim works or if it is a fixed attachment and supposed to have an elevator trim tab?
Thanks,
Dennis
Mountain Eagle
Seasoned Member

Re: Horizontal Stab Trim control

Post by Mountain Eagle »

Hi Dennis, I can't be certain that there aren't any out there flying with the stock horizontal stab trim, but most have converted to a trim tab on the elevator to make the system simple. I changed mine to an electric trim tab built into my left hand elevator. I may be able to help you get your stock trim working or provide photos of what I did with mine if that will help? My e-mail is sabremech at gmail.com

Thank you,
David
dsusens

Post by dsusens »

Thanks David--I assume there were problems with the original design then? Do you have any pictures of how it attaches--our manual is missing detail on this. I'll send you an email address and maybe we could get some pics of what you did with yours. Thx.
MtCoyote

Post by MtCoyote »

I used a simple trim tab actuated by a cable to the panel. This is the part and place where I purchased it. http://www.awdirect.com/exterior-thrott ... le-cables/ The cream colored Coyote in the completed kits pictured was owned my John Leakos and he used the same system. I copied him.
Mountain Eagle
Seasoned Member

Post by Mountain Eagle »

Hi Jim, thanks for posting your availability to help and answers questions for builders as you've done it. My trim is similar to yours in that I secured the leading edge of the horizontal stab and installed a trim tab in the left elevator. I bought an electric motor kit by Ray Allen to drive the trim. The leading edge of the horizontal stab is adjustable by removing two bolts and either adding or removing washers. A quite simple system.
Thanks,
David

Return to “Montana Coyote”