Bendix/King KT-76A transponder question

Use this forum for in-depth discussion of avionics. radio, and GPS performance, design, options, and installation.
Dave_A

Bendix/King KT-76A transponder question

Post by Dave_A »

Does this transponder have it's own altitude encoder, or does it require an external device?

Is there any transponder model that will give you Mode C functionality WITHOUT an external encoder?
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

There are none that I know of, however encoders are only about $150-$250 and small
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: Bendix/King KT-76A transponder question

Post by planecrazzzy »

Sounds like you have a Class "B" problem..... "I" have it too ( KMSP )

Have you tried Wentworth....Maybe you could pick up a used unit...

I have a Narco AT150 Transponder w/ AR850 Altitude encoder ( about $1500 total -new)

Gotta Fly...
                                         Mike & "Jaz" in MN

Dave_A wrote:Does this transponder have it's own altitude encoder, or does it require an external device?

Is there any transponder model that will give you Mode C functionality WITHOUT an external encoder?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by planecrazzzy on Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...
Dave_A

Re: Bendix/King KT-76A transponder question

Post by Dave_A »

planecrazzzy wrote:Sounds like you have a Class "B" problem..... "I" have it to ( KMSP )
Yep... Seattle...

Just gathering info, thanks...

Bought a project (Turner T-40AS) that needs the wing built, some covering (plywood) and the mechanical/electrical done... But I have to get back from Iraq & pick up the plane (well, plane parts) first...

Trying to figure out how all this stuff is put together, a/o just hopping in the cockpit & using it....

Return to “Avionics, Flight Instruments & EFIS”