AnywhereMap

Use this forum to discuss in-depth fixed, portable, and handheld aviation electronics.
To include Handheld Radios, Air Mobile HAM, Radios, GPS, APRS, ADS-B, FLIR, Pocket PCs, Palm, etc.
Sean_Caranna
Founder

AnywhereMap

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I use AnywhereMap on my Pocket PC. Works very well. Basically it's a situational awareness tool that gives you very fast access to information. It also had a great emergency feature that will give you direction and distance to the nearest airport. When an engine quits 30 seconds can be the difference between putting it on a runway or in a cow field. It also makes it very easy to visualize restricted airspace, you can load it with TFRs daily so you don't end up flying over a temporary restriction, and it will warn you of terrain and obstructions if your flight path. Also has a "spiral dive warning" to help avoid those "J.F.K. jr" type accidents.

Image Image Image Image
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Post by Johnny luvs Biplanes »

Hi Sean
Do you find it to be very accurate?
Can you upload waypoints from the internet?
John
Go love a biplane today :)
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Its accuracy depends on the GPS you use with it. I use the Compact Flash GPS and find it to be EXTREAMLY accurate.

All nav data is updated via Internet download every 28 days and TFRs are updated daily.

I recommend a iPAQ 5550 for use with this system. Many other Pocket PC displays are not sunlight readable. The iPAQ 3950, and 5550 looks very good in the sun.
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."

Return to “Aviation Electronics”