Innodyne turbine and Titan T51

For technical discussion of ALL turboprop / turbine aircraft engines.
couchpilot

Innodyne turbine and Titan T51

Post by couchpilot »

i've been eyeing off the website for the Innodyn turbines for a while. Does anyone know if they're as reliable as they claim? my immediate thought would be to drop one into a Titan T51. that'd make one hot little ship for about 70K. has anyone out there done this?
roqklein

innodyn is it alive?

Post by roqklein »

I m waiting a long time about the news about them.... are they working yet in the project? are they alive or not? who knows? Everybody that had a good initial impression are now "lost heading"....
We expected a really new echoes in the engine market but nothing.. Had them important troubles with the project, who knows, pls?
I m intesreste to diiscuss all the possibilities for the use of new technologies in propulsion engines and propellers for GA and experimental.
I m eaa member since 1984
merlinraj

Re: Innodyne turbine and Titan T51

Post by merlinraj »

The Innodyne company is nothing more than ATP renamed. I think they got a new investor/owner but the engine itself is till a Solar APU. As with many of these attempts, remember that you basically have a "toilet bowl for a carburator". The sucking sound you hear is your fuel tanks going dry.There are several other discussion posts on this subject herein - use the search engine listed in the menu bar at the top of the page and look for the words "solar turbine" and "ATP".
merlinraj

Re: Innodyne turbine and Titan T51

Post by merlinraj »

The truth is the Rocket drivers will not disclose their true fuel burn! I have been around 540's, I know what they burn at full throttle plus they can't do what this turbine can do performance wise! (less travel time less fuel)

Return to “Turbine Engine Technical Discussions”