Question on cams etc

For technical discussion of ALL V-Twin Motorcycle aircraft engine conversions.
tc88

Question on cams etc

Post by tc88 »

Hello brett , just wondering what ur using for cams in the 95" (203 , 211), I,m planning on using a 95" in a ch 701 ,was thinking of 211 cams , htcc cnc , heads ,SE head gsks , adj pushrods , etc. The bing carb is a cv type carb ( may b wrong on that) but if it is then a cv from hd should work , if thats the case then why not 251 cams and a 51 mm cv lol . let me know what you think hehe i,v started a stash in my tool box already :lol:
Brett
Topic Moderator

Post by Brett »

Your right about the Bing. The CV would work fine. We are using a 45mm flat slide. I am also testing a EFI system that should work really well. I don't think you will need to do that much to the engine. The CNC heads, etc. You will have more than enough power for the 701. My ground roll on the 601 is 300 ft. or less. The 88ci. would be enough.
If your not going to try, then whats the point of talking about it?
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I wonder if the Daytona Twin-Tec EFI with its WEGO air/fuel sensor would be a good choice. I know they do private label ignition systems for lots of companies. Perhaps they could do an Air Hog ignition or EFI custom programmed for flying. Check it out at http://www.daytona-twintec.com/TCFI.html
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
tc88

Post by tc88 »

Wow less then 300ft roll in the 601, prob abt half that for a 701 lol. Just wondering what size and pitch prop ur running .
Sean thanks for info on efi , i,m sort of old school when it comes to induction sys , less to go wrong with carb , although altitude compensating would b better with efi , hd has a map sensor on their carb bikes now so its almost as many sensors as efi bikes.Harleys race tuner software looks similer to the twintec , but they dont use the wide band oxy sensor, which looks like a good idea to me.
Brett
Topic Moderator

Post by Brett »

Sean I talked to the Daytona guys about it already. They don't want anything to do with it. I already have all that stuff covered now.
Thanks anyway,
If your not going to try, then whats the point of talking about it?
jd

cams

Post by jd »

please look around b4 ya buy harley cams,they not only suck mud but aint worth a crap.they are setup for emissions and crap,go checkout andrews cams for harleys,they have a better selection and better rpm choices.you aint gonna like the cams ya mentioned,they are for low end,get something that covers mid range.my personal opinion,yup i build scooters
jdhogg

Return to “V-Twin Motorcycle Engine Technical Discussions”