Wheel skis for the Just Aircraft planes

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
DaveU
Veteran Member

Wheel skis for the Just Aircraft planes

Post by DaveU »

Is anyone interested in a nice pair of wheel skis?  I have been searching and not having much luck.  I did run across a photo of a pair of skis that were planned for production but did not ever make it.  I can purchase the tooling to make them, but not sure if anyone is interested in such a thing.  I am not sure what it takes to build them, or what they are worth, but is there anyone else looking?

Maybe someone knows of a wheel ski that is available that would work on the Highlander.  If so fire away.  I am ready to buy skis, the chill is in the air.

Here is the photo of the ski I saw on the internet, what do you think?

Dave
dauckjl
Seasoned Member

Post by dauckjl »

Hey Dave,

These are the skis that a friend of mine built for his Sky Raider.  Since the Escapade and Higlander come from that same line of aircraft we could maybe use them as a pattern.  We would have to beef them up because they are for the ultralight.  We still have them in our hangar.  Let me know if you want some measurements, I'll see what I can do.

Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

I'm using 21" tires on Full Lotus amphibs for my snow and slushy lake landings instead of traditional wheel skis. The floats work better than skis on snow, I'm told, and you get water landings too. I'll let you know how things work, as it appears I'll be doing flight testing in December...

Return to “Just Aircraft”