trailing edge

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
billy5823
Veteran Member

trailing edge

Post by billy5823 »

hey guys am i reading the book right , the rivet goes in the middle of the rib meaning down in the vertical thick part of the rib. thanks billy
Roger
Veteran Member

rivit

Post by Roger »

Hi Billy:
No, no. The rivits go in the capstrip along side the center web. The way I did mine was put them all in the side away from the fuel tank. The book is fairly specific about not putting them in the middle.
Roger
scubarider
Veteran Member

actually

Post by scubarider »

Actually, if I recall my book also said to put the rivets down the "center" of the ribs.  I did the first one and of course it did not hold.  So, asked here and got the "right" answer and put the rest down the side.  Worked great.
:)
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

For the trailing edges on the wing and the flaps/ailerons, I used a slightly different method.  I put a countersink on the wood capstrip, and then used a dimple plier to put a dimple in the trailing edge material.  This made a little better setup, since technically the trailing edge material is too thin to make a proper countersink, and it indexed the trailing edge onto the ribs when all was gooped up with the epoxy.  much easier to get alignment.  Probably not a big deal, but that is what I did.  I would send a picture, but they were too blurry to tell what I did.

Dave, #97 doing the annual inspection.

Return to “Just Aircraft”