Sebring U.S. Sport Aviation Expo, January 17-20

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Sebring U.S. Sport Aviation Expo, January 17-20

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Who will be at the Sebring LSA Expo?

I'll be there late Sat and all day Sunday.

"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Wes
Premium Member

Sebring Sport Expo

Post by Wes »

Sean,
We plan to be there.  -made it every year since the start and it's a pretty good (small) show.
Lots of time available with the vendors.
We usually camp for the 2 days, but not sure yet about this years's plan, at least all day Sat.
Look forward to meeting up with you. We hang around the Just aircraft display usually.

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
Lynng
Veteran Member

Sebring

Post by Lynng »

Sean,
I will be there with my airplane and I think Troy and Steve Collins will be down from SC.  Hope to see you and Wes.

Lynn Gardner
Central Florida Sportair, LLC
386 235 1447 Cell

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Wes
Premium Member

Sebring Sport Expo

Post by Wes »

Lynn & Gang,
Great to hear you are headed to Sebring. We should have a "High 'ol Highlander Time"!
Brother Bill is planning on (maybe) flying one of his 'fleet' down if wx permits.
I'm hoping the rest of my firewall forward stuff found room in one of the Just trailers.

Pic is my workshop/hangar/spraybooth/hideaway.

Wes

Kit #95  (Vintage?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
scubarider
Veteran Member

wishing

Post by scubarider »

Wishing that I could go, but someone has to hold the fort down here {work}.  Florida sounds wonderful this time of year....brrrrr
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

I received a cell call from Troy this morning.  He told me that he had something that he wanted me to hear and held his phone to what sounded like a train running in the background.  Apparently they were in the ground test run mode of my Jabriu 3300 and, like an expectant father experiencing his wife’s ultrasound of the upcoming arrival, though that I would like to savor the moment.  The engine sounded good.  Hopefully it will cool as good as it sounded.  If today’s ground testing goes well, tomorrow it will have its first flight.  Unfortunately, I am currently in the Nashville area on job assignments and won’t be there for the “delivery”.  However I expect to finish up my Tennessee work on Wednesday, and then will head down to Sebring for the show.  If flight testing goes well, Troy will be flying the Highlander down to the show as a one of their static displays.  That means that I might be able to take my first flight in my bird next Saturday.  Then its back to work until mid April, when it will finally be my time to fly in earnest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

Poor Steve, Lynn and really anyone else who attended the Expo.  Head winds both coming and returning.  In fact, the last day of the show, it hardly got out of the 40's with winds gusting well beyond 25mph.  JA only had Steve Collens airplane to display and it seemed to grow 2" overnight when he added a set of Alaskan Bush tires to the mains.  My red Highlander never did make it due to some vibration during the initial testing.  Not sure yet if it is engine related or a prop balance problem.  Hopefully after Troy returns to Walhalla he will be able to troubleshoot it for me. (He should make it back before Steve since he drove down and will not have to deal with headwinds)

[/img]

Return to “Just Aircraft”