Weatherability of turtle deck

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Weatherability of turtle deck

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Those of you that have been parked in rain and flying in rain: how has the turtledeck and its full width bracket held up for leaking? And the seam at the aft end? Any experiences/suggestions?

I was thinking it might maybe be better to slide the TD all the way forward under the wide bracket to get more overlap than the 1/4 inch or so I've seen in some pictures.
scubarider
Veteran Member

pic

Post by scubarider »

Dave, this is how far I came with mine.  I don't believe I will have problems with the rain.  Of course, have not tested it yet   :?
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Re: pic

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

scubarider wrote:Dave, this is how far I came with mine.  I don't believe I will have problems with the rain.  Of course, have not tested it yet   :?
Dennis
Looks very good, nice aft extension of the Lexan you have there. Any sealant between the lexan and underlying surfaces and rivets, or just natural? Thanks!
scubarider
Veteran Member

sealant

Post by scubarider »

Dave, I believe in going "all natural".... :shock:
Actually, don't have anything on the back but of course will seal all the front.  I am hoping with the slope and how far I extended the lexan there should not be any blow in even sitting still.
8)
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!

Return to “Just Aircraft”