Special Request

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Special Request

Post by gme9261236 »

So we got the motor in for the airplane and all the parts we need to finish it to get it in the plane and running but we are missing one small item....THE MOTOR MOUNTS!

We called just and were told that they were out of stock and did not have the material to make them so it would be another two weeks before we could get them. I (GME's son) fly for the airlines and am going back to work after my break on the 4th of Feb so we really planned to get this plane buttoned up in this nice large amount of time off but without the mounts we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I know the chances are slim but in the off chance.....does anyone have the rotax 912 ULS and more importantly the mounts sitting in their workspace idle that they could spare for two weeks? I know that some already have their engines but are a few months from mounting them and our plan was to see if we could get a loaner set from a user on this site and when ours arrive in two weeks we could mail the new ones back to you. We would be willing to discuss any options and I would even send you a check to cover the cost of them as escrow until I recieved ours and mailed them to you.

I know its a long shot but thought it may be worth a try anyway...desperate times call for desperate measures.

my email is shawn.mercer@comcast.net

Thanks alot!

P.S we will post alot of pictures soon on our progress in the hopes it will help some of you like some of your pictures and posts have helped us
scubarider
Veteran Member

I feel your pain

Post by scubarider »

I feel your pain and have been in the same situation a number of times.  Sitting around waiting for parts to continue.  I have already mounted my engine, sorry.  Good luck in finding a set.
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Wes
Premium Member

Engine Mount Brackets

Post by Wes »

Shawn,
I can only sympathise with your parts dilema. When I ordered the Firewall Forward package from Just, they sent me list of parts. After receiving the engine and some minor pieces, I called and asked about engine mount brackets (shown in the pic) that were not on the list. I wanted some way to identify them, P/N or something. It would seem that they are pretty standard parts, since that Rotax motor is used in a lot of aircraft with similar mounts. I wonder if they might be available from some other source. Maybe one of the dealers.

Wes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

wes,
that is exactly it.

Another member may be able to help us out, he contacted me via email but if it does not work I think we will try alternate means since they may be somewhat standardized.
billy5823
Veteran Member

sorry

Post by billy5823 »

sorry i cant help you . I am in the same boat, tim said they would be in next week. but as you that doesnt help this week.  cant even do my firewall without it.   thanks billy

Return to “Just Aircraft”