914 engine

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
g johnson

914 engine

Post by g johnson »

Does anyone have a 914 on their highlander? Is it overkill? I'm thinking about building a highlander and have a 914 I could hang on it with the idea of going to amphib floats later on. Any feedback would be appreciated.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Jack Bresina or Eugene Johnson at Cornell Aeroworks 715.239.3716 can give the scoop on the 914 Highlander on floats since most of the highlanders they build are built for floats.  I'm looking to put floats on mine eventually, I asked Jack that same question and he told me it's not an over kill just lots more money and not required.  According to Jack the 912S has plenty of power for floats.

Steve
billy5823
Veteran Member

good

Post by billy5823 »

the 914 would have been my choice,but the pocket coulnt stand it. troy said it is wicked with one. cuts down take off roll to about 50  to 75 feet on normal day. and would definently be a plus with floats.    just my thoughts on it thanks billy
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

Great minds think alike :-)

I really wanted to go with the 914. I have a brother that lives in Colorado and I hope to do some flying out there. But especially now after the latest price increases, the price is insane. Maybe one of these days the dollar will go back up and make it a little more reasonable.
g johnson

Post by g johnson »

That's what I'm thinking...especially since my 914 is paid for. I have about 500 hours on it.

Return to “Just Aircraft”