Hey it's me Scubarider with some more pics

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Hey it's me Scubarider with some more pics

Post by scubarider2 »

Hey, renamed myself so I can post some more pics for everyone.  Here are the pics I promised.
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

It looks cooler every time you post new PIX Dennis.
I can't tell from the PIX, did you put the leading edge of the windshield on the inside or out side of the boot cowl?
John S

Post by John S »

Dennis:  This is just gorgeous ! What kind of paint did you use?  

The vents in the doors are a great idea.  Where did you get them?

John S
John Smoyer
Gary H
Veteran Member

plane

Post by Gary H »

Great Job Dennis, Let us know when the first flight is about to happen. Maybe you could even post a video on youtube.
Gary
Will fly for food!!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Thanks

Post by scubarider2 »

Thanks guys for the compliments.  I am pretty proud of the ole bird myself.  Hopefully she will be flying this weekend.  Still waiting on the oil hose to reconnect the thermostat.  The weekend weather looks like it may be a go, so if everything else works.....it is off to the wild blue yonder.   I plan on having a friend do some video also.  Gary, yeh....youtube might be a place to be  :lol:
John, I used the superflight system.  It took several coats to get the blending of the paint.  Probably added some weight but overall was worth it.  Wasn't really that hard just time consuming {pretty much like the whole plane}  :o   The vents I got from Aircraft Spruce.  I can't remember the names of them right off but there is another discussion on this site about them.  Just do a search for vents here.
Dave, the leading edge of the windshield is on the inside of the boot cowl.  I bolted with stainless instead of using the called for rivets.  I have had to remove it twice to get to the wiring so far.  Hopefully done with that.  After everything checks out will add some silicone to seal for rain.
Dennis
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

John S wrote:Dennis:  This is just gorgeous ! What kind of paint did you use?  

The vents in the doors are a great idea.  Where did you get them?

John S
Look for Vista Vents @ Aircraft Spruce. I got a pair too after seeing Dennis's.
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

Nice job Dennis! Except for putting one wheel on the wrong end, it looks great! Good Luck on the test flight. I'm torn whether I will have someone test fly mine or try myself when the time comes. I've got 25 years in flying trikes but only about 90 hrs using a stick and rudder...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

I know how you feel

Post by scubarider2 »

I know how you feel.  I am pretty nervous about mine.  Mainly because of the money and time invested.  Would hate to mess her up.  I have about 300 hours in an ultralight same configuration as the Escapade.  I thought about Troy coming up and test flying it for me but have decided to do it myself.  You have lots of trike experience, not a lot in stick/rudder.  You might want someone to just test fly it to test for stability/handling.  You know it is most dangerous that 10 feet above ground.  How close are you to flying?
Dennis
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

We are painting the wings now, the fuselage is done. (the fiberglass parts weren't there when we picked up the kit so we pretty much finished the fuselage waiting on them) We need to install an engine, instrument panel, and lexan work. If the parts show up in time (I need to call Tim again this morning) I think we'll be ready in 8 - 10 weeks. Just in time for the warm weather!

Return to “Just Aircraft”